Friday, March 9, 2012

Brandon McConnell

Brandon McConnell, 36 of Chula Vista, California, is a spray paint style artist.  He had grown up doodling and doing art all through high school, focusing on Ink and Airbrush.  In 1999, a trip to Mexico changed that. He walked upon a sidewalk spray paint artist and was instantly amazed by the vibrant colors, interesting textures and speed at which a piece could be completed.  After lots of practice and determination, he began creating a portfolio.  In 2003, he began a website, http://www.spacepaintings.com/spraypaintart.html, began selling works, instructional DVD's and created a community of spray paint artists.  As of right now, his site has accumulated nearly 500,000 visitors and his 'community' is still the largest in the spray paint style.  This style of art, I believe, is one of the most crazy awesome mediums and I have even tried making a few of my own.  The way you can build up the layers and use paper to create the specific type of texture you want is awesome.  These would make a great gift for anyone.




 "Spray paint art has opened up a whole new world for me and allows me to express my feelings and imagination.  I am constantly learning new things and plan to continue spray paint for as long as I can."
                                                                                                                                 - Brandon McConnell

No comments:

Post a Comment